President Obama nominated the following officers for promotion, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced in a Thursday news release:
• http://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=437">Rear Adm. Joseph Aucoin, for appointment to the rank of vice admiral and assignment as deputy chief of naval operations for warfare systems, N9, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. Aucoin is director, Programming Division, N80, OPNAV.
Reserve 1-star nominations
• Capt. Christina Alvarado, serving as deputy chief of staff, Navy Medicine East, Norfolk, Va.
• Capt. Priscilla Coe, serving as reserve affairs officer, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Falls Church, Va.
• Capt. William Davis, serving as deputy assistant chief of information, Pentagon.
• Capt. Mark Fung, serving as deputy chief of staff, 1st Naval Construction Division, Virginia Beach, Va.
• Capt. Daniel Gard, serving as Joint Task Force Guantanamo chaplain, Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
• Capt. Alma Grocki, serving as commanding officer, Navy Reserve, Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington.
• Capt. Victor Hall, serving as commanding officer, Navy Reserve, Navy Medicine Education and Training Command, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Capt. Daniel MacDonnell, serving as commanding officer, Navy Reserve, 10th Fleet, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
• Capt. James McNeal, serving as commodore, 5th Naval Expeditionary Logistics Regiment, Point Hueneme, Calif.
• Capt. Brian S. Pecha, serving as force surgeon, U.S. Marine Forces Reserve, New Orleans.