- Filed Under
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/01/ap-sub-commander-removed-montpelier-collision-010413/">Cmdr. Thomas Winter was fired Jan. 4 as CO of the submarine Montpelier due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/01/navy-pasadena-co-molina-fired-012513w/">Cmdr. Luis Molina was relieved Jan. 25 as CO of the attack submarine Pasadena due to a loss of confidence in executing his duties as the submarine's commanding officer."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/navy-relieves-co-xo-attack-sub-jacksonville-021013/">Cmdr. Nathan Sukols was fired Feb. 10 as CO of the attack submarine Jacksonville due to loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/navy-two-riverine-leaders-relieved-of-command-021513w/">Capt. David Hunter was fired Feb. 15 as CO of Maritime Expeditionary Security Squadron 12, Coastal Riverine Group 2 due to "unprofessional behavior."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/navy-relief-kauffman-frigate-poor-leadership-021513w">Cmdr. Corey Wofford was fired Feb. 15 as CO of the frigate Kauffman due to lackluster leadership.
• Cmdr. James Pickens was fired Feb. 3 as the XO of the frigate Gary "because of offensive comments and behavior towards the crew."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/navy-relieves-co-xo-attack-sub-jacksonville-021013/">Lt. Cmdr. Lauren Allen was fired Feb. 10 as the XO of the attack submarine Jacksonville due to loss of confidence in his ability to serve as XO
Senior enlisted leaders
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/02/navy-two-riverine-leaders-relieved-of-command-021513w/">Operations Specialist Master Chief Gregory Krumholz was fired as command master chief of Maritime Expeditionary Security Squadron 12, Coastal Riverine Group 2 due to "unprofessional behavior."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/01/navy-littoral-combat-ship-program-manager-fired-012712w/">Capt. Jeffrey Riedel was fired Jan. 26 as program manager for the Navy's littoral combat ship program due to allegations of inappropriate behavior.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-submarine-wyoming-co-hernandez-fired-021712/">Cmdr. Diego Hernandez was fired Feb. 4 as CO of the ballistic-missile submarine Wyoming's gold crew for mishandling classified materials.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-cruiser-cowpens-commanding-officer-fired-021012w/">Capt. Robert Marin was fired Feb. 10 as CO of the cruiser Cowpens "while an investigation into inappropriate personal behavior is conducted."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-fleet-air-recon-squadron-co-fired-022812w/">Cmdr. Jeffrey Wissel was fired Feb. 27 as commander of Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron 1 amid allegations of "personal misconduct."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-amphib-san-diego-fired-amid-investigation-031312/">Cmdr. Jon Haydel was fired March 12 as commander of the yet-to-be commissioned amphibious transport dock San Diego amid an investigation into "personal misconduct."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/04/navy-heath-clinic-new-england-co-cmc-fired-04112012w/">Capt. Kim Lyons was fired April 6 as commanding officer of Navy Health Clinic New England after a survey found a poor command climate.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/04/navy-air-squadron-commanding-officer-corrine-parker-fired-041712w/">Cmdr. Corrine Parker was fired April 16 as commanding officer CO of Fleet Logistics Squadron 1 after an investigation into accusations of falsification of administrative records led to a loss of confidence in Parker's ability to command, said Lt. Matt Allen, a Navy spokesman at the Pentagon.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/05/navy-fires-4-leaders-in-2-separate-incidents-050112/">Cmdr. Dennis Klein was fired May 1 as CO of the attack submarine Columbia due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command after a number of external assessments.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/05/navy-fires-4-leaders-in-2-separate-incidents-050112/">Cmdr. Lee Hoey was fired May 1 as CO of the Navy Drug Screening Lab in San Diego due to command climate problems at his command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/05/navy-sullivans-skipper-derick-armstrong-relieved-command-05082012w/">Cmdr. Derick Armstrong was fired May 8 as CO of the destroyer The Sullivans due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/06/navy-essex-co-litchfield-fired-061912w/">Capt. Chuck Litchfield was fired June 18 as CO of the amphibious assault ship Essex, in the wake of Essex's May 16 collision with the replenishment oiler Yukon as both ships were en route to San Diego.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/06/navy-co-top-enlisted-fired-pax-river-health-clinic-062912/">Capt. Liza Raimondo was fired June 29 as CO of Navy Health Clinic, Patuxent River, Md, due to a loss of confidence in her ability to command due to a significant lack of leadership and integrity.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/08/navy-pittsburgh-commanding-officer-attack-submarine-fired-081212w/">Cmdr. Michael Ward was fired Aug. 10 as CO of Los Angeles-class submarine Pittsburgh for allegations of personal misconduct.
• Cmdr. Franklin Fernandez was fired Aug. 21 as CO of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 24 due to loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/08/navy-porter-co-arriola-fired-collision-083012">Cmdr. Martin Arriola was fired Aug. 30 as CO of the destroyer Porter due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-helicopter-mine-countermeasures-squadron-15-commanding-officer-cmc-fired-090112w/">Cmdr. Sara Santoski was fired Sept. 1 as CO of Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 15 due to a loss of confidence in her ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-commander-fired-amid-investigation-relationship-091612/">Cmdr. Sheryl Tannahill was fired Sept. 14 as CO of Navy Operational Support Center Nashville, Tenn., due to a loss of confidence in her ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-san-diego-antonio-cardoso-commanding-officer-fired-092112w/">Capt. Antonio Cardoso was fired Sept. 21 as CO of Training Support Center San Diego due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-cobell-firing-fleet-readiness-center-092712/">Capt. James CoBell was fired Sept. 27 as CO of FRC Mid-Atlantic after an investigation found he was abusive to subordinates and used them to conduct personal favors.
• Rear. Adm. Charles Gaouette was fired Oct. 27 as head of the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group while the CSG was deployed to the Arabian Sea. The Navy cited "inappropriate leadership judgment" for his "temporary reassignment."
• Capt. Joseph Darlak was fired Nov. 2 as CO of the frigate Vandegrift, along with three other officers, after investigators found the ship's crew had behaved inappropriately during a September port visit to Russia.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/11/navy-maintenance-center-co-fired-sandiego-110812/">Capt. Michael Wiegand was fired Nov. 8 as head of the Southwest Regional Maintenance Center "due to loss of confidence in his ability to command."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/11/navy-2-skippers-fired-alleged-misconduct-fort-mchenry-mount-whitney-111912w/">Capt. Ted Williams, CO of the amphibious command ship Mount Whitney, was fired Nov. 19 for allegations of misconduct.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/11/navy-2-skippers-fired-alleged-misconduct-fort-mchenry-mount-whitney-111912w/">Cmdr. Ray Hartman, CO of the amphibious dock-landing shop Fort McHenry, was fired Nov. 19 for allegations of misconduct.
• Capt. Sean McDonell was fired as the commanding officer of a Jacksonville, Fla.-based Seabee reserve battalion due to "mismanagement and major program deficiencies," Navy Expeditionary Combat Command announced Nov. 29.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/05/navy-fires-4-leaders-in-2-separate-incidents-050112/">Cmdr. Shelly Hakspiel was fired May 1 as XO of the Navy Drug Screening Lab in San Diego due to command climate problems at her command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/07/navy-helo-squadron-xo-fired-sexual-comments-071612/">Cmdr. Alan C. Aber was fired July 16 as the second in command of Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron 71 after it was determined he had violated the Navy's policy on sexual harassment.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-squadron-helicopter-executive-officer-fired-091212/">Cmdr. Kyle G. Strudthoff was fired Sept. 11 as executive officer of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 25 after he was found guilty of conduct unbecoming an officer.
• Cmdr. David Faught was fired Sept. 19 as executive officer of the destroyer Chung-Hoon due to a loss of confidence in his ability to perform as XO.
• Cmdr. Ivan Jimenez was fired Nov. 2 as XO of the frigate Vandegrift, along with the ship's CO and two other officers, after investigators found the ship's crew had behaved inappropriately during a September port visit to Russia.
Senior enlisted leaders
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-top-enlisted-chief-of-the-boat-fired-submarine-nebraska-gold-crew-021012w/">Master Chief Electronics Technician (SS) David Turley was fired Jan. 3 as chief of the boat of the ballistic-missile submarine Nebraska's gold crew.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-senior-enlisted-firing-earle-weapons-station-bowman-022212w/">Senior Chief Aviation Boatswain's Mate (Aircraft Handling) (AW/SW/EXW) Scott Bowman was relieved Feb. 21 as command senior chief at Naval Weapons Station Earle, N.J., for "unsatisfactory performance."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/02/navy-fires-cheatham-annex-based-cmc-022912/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Richard Ward was fired Feb. 28 as the top enlisted adviser for Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group for fraternization with two of his chief petty officers and other infractions.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-fired-cargo-handling-battalion-4-reservist-031612w/">Master Chief Logistics Specialist Scott Splitgerber, a reservist, was fired March 14 as command master chief of Navy Cargo Handling Battalion 4 after an investigation found he had committed fraternization as well as made a false official statement.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-storms-vfa-131-cmc-fired-harassment-allegations-investigation-032912/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Joseph Storms was fired March 27 as the top enlisted of Virginia Beach, Va.-based Strike Fighter Squadron 131 for failing to obey a lawful order and violating a lawful general order, the Navy said.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/03/navy-kings-bay-florida-top-enlisted-sailor-fired-033112w/">Master Chief Machinist's Mate (SS) Charles Berry was fired March 30 as chief of the boat of guided missile sub Florida's Gold Crew for "dereliction of duty" amid an investigation into hazing claims onboard the submarine, Submarine Group 10 said.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/04/navy-heath-clinic-new-england-co-cmc-fired-04112012w/">Master Chief Hospital Corpsman (SW/AW/FMF) Robert Whitten was fired April 6 as the top enlisted sailor of Navy Health Clinic New England after a survey found a poor command climate.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/04/navy-annapolis-submarine-top-enlisted-fired-042112w/">Senior Chief Sonar Technician Submarines (SS) Gregory Cordray was fired April 19 as the chief of the boat of the Los Angeles-class attack submarine Annapolis for alcohol-related misconduct in a foreign port.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/05/navy-fires-4-leaders-in-2-separate-incidents-050112/">Master Chief Electronics Technician (SS) Don Williams was fired May 1 as chief of the boat of attack submarine Columbia for failing to provide adequate leadership.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/06/navy-cmc-adams-fired-gridley-062612/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW/FMF) William R. Adams was fired June 13 as command master chief of the guided missile destroyer Gridley for loss of confidence in Adams' ability to fulfill his role.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/06/navy-co-top-enlisted-fired-pax-river-health-clinic-062912/">Master Chief Hospital Corpsman Merrilyn Crawford was fired June 29 as top enlisted of Navy Health Clinic, Patuxent River, Md., for a lack of accountable leadership that also hurt the command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-helicopter-mine-countermeasures-squadron-15-commanding-officer-cmc-fired-090112w/">Command Master Chief (AW/SW) Bobbie Anderson was fired Sept. 1 as command master chief of Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 1 because of "unsatisfactory performance."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/09/navy-fired-cmc-norfolk-virginia-amphib-091012/">Command Master Chief (AW/SW) Kelly Smith was fired Sept. 10 as command master chief of the dock landing ship Gunston Hall while under investigation for alleged inappropriate behavior.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/11/navy-seabee-unit-commanding-officer-fired-112912w/">Command Master Chief (SCW) Pedro Villacorta was fired Nov. 27 as command master chief of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 14 because of "substandard performance."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2012/11/navy-seabee-unit-commanding-officer-fired-112912w/">Command Master Chief (SCW/SS) William McCrae was fired Nov. 27 as command master chief of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 23.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/01/navy-enterprise-videos-skipper-fired-010411w/">Capt. Owen Honors, commanding officer of the aircraft carrier Enterprise, was fired Jan. 4 for what the Navy called a "profound lack of good judgment and professionalism" in making and showing to his crew raunchy comic videos as executive officer of the ship from 2005 through 2007.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/02/navy-guinn-fired-co-japan-jag-021711w/">Capt. Rex Guinn, commanding officer of the Navy Region Japan legal service office, was fired Feb. 17 by Rear Adm. Nanette DeRenzi, commander of Navy Legal Service Command and the deputy judge advocate general, for "loss of confidence in his ability to command."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/03/navy-stout-co-cmc-fired-030111w/">Cmdr. Nathan Borchers of the Norfolk, Va.-based destroyer Stout was fired March 1 for a "pervasive pattern of unprofessional behavior" among the ship's crew.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/03/navy-horton-fired-enterprise-videos-030411w/">Rear Adm. Ron Horton was fired as commander of Logistics Group, Western Pacific, on March 3 for failing to put a stop to the controversial "XO Movie Night" videos aired while he commanded the carrier Enterprise.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/03/navy-squadron-co-fired-031111w/">Cmdr. Kevin Harms was fired March 9 as commander of Strike Fighter Squadron 137 aboard the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln by strike group commander Rear Adm. Mark Guadagnini "due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command" for allegedly violating military ethics rules.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-co-fired-prowler-squadron-dui-041211w/">Cmdr. Timothy Murphy was fired April 11 as commander of Electronic Attack Squadron 129 at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash., due to "loss of confidence in his ability to command" after he was stopped by authorities on suspicion of driving drunk.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-co-fired-rota-spain-041911w/">Capt. William Mosk was fired April 18 as commander of Naval Station Rota and commander of Naval Activities Spain due to a "loss of confidence" in his ability to command and handle issues related to an ongoing criminal investigation at the base, according to an official statement.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-amphib-ponce-co-xo-fired-in-mediterranean-042311/">Cmdr. Etta Jones, commanding officer of the amphibious transport dock Ponce, was fired April 23 on deployment "due to demonstrated poor leadership, and failure to appropriately investigate, report, and hold accountable sailors found involved in hazing incidents," a Navy announcement said. Jones also "failed to properly handle a loaded weapon" during a security alert, which the announcement said "endangered some of her crew."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-destroyer-squadron-commodore-fired-042511w/">Capt. Donald Hornbeck, commodore of San Diego-based Destroyer Squadron 1, was fired April 23 while an investigation looks into allegations of an "inappropriate relationship," the Navy announced.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-co-fired-destroyer-momsen-042811w/">Cmdr. Jay Wylie, CO of destroyer Momsen, was fired April 27 by Rear Adm. Mark Guadagnini, commander of the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, "due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command stemming from allegations of misconduct," according to a 3rd Fleet press release.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/05/navy-norfolk-shipyard-commander-fired-052311w/">Capt. Greg Thomas was removed from command of Norfolk Naval Shipyard the weekend of May 21-22 while a formal investigation into the command environment at the yard is completed, Navy officials said.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/06/navy-submarine-connecticut-co-varney-fired-060711w/">Cmdr. Mike Varney, commanding officer of a Seawolf-class attack submarine Connecticut, was fired June 6 following an investigation into mishandling classified material and for lying to and obstructing the inquiry.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/07/navy-co-fired-after-sub-tender-hits-channel-buoy-071511/">Capt. Eric Merrill was fired July 15 as commanding officer of the submarine tender Emory S. Land after the ship hit a channel buoy June 21 while heading into Mina Salman, a port of Bahrain.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/07/navy-growler-squadron-co-fired-deployment-071911w/">Cmdr. Karl Pugh was fired July 19 as commander of the Whidbey Island, Wash.-based Electronic Attack Squadron 141 "following non-judicial punishment proceedings for an alcohol-related incident that occurred July 12 during a port visit to Manama," 5th Fleet officials said in a statement.
• Cmdr. Jason Strength was fired July 20 as commanding officer of Navy Recruiting District Nashville, Tenn., after he was "found to have acted in an unprofessional manner" both while on liberty around subordinates as well as in uniform at official Navy events in Chattanooga, Tenn., in June, according to a statement from Navy Recruiting Command.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/08/navy-beachmaster-co-fired-080511w/">Cmdr. Robert Brown was fired Aug. 5 as commanding officer of Beachmaster Unit 2 at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, Va. Brown was fired over allegations of ethics violations uncovered during an ongoing investigation into misuse of government resources, according to Naval Surface Force Atlantic.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/08/navy-naval-support-activity-co-fired-after-arrest-082411/">Cmdr. Laredo Bell was fired Aug. 24 as commanding officer of Naval Support Activity Saratoga Springs, N.Y., following an Aug. 20 driving while intoxicated arrest.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/09/navy-the-sullivans-co-sacked-090711w/">Cmdr. Mark Olson was fired Sept. 7 as CO of the Mayport, Fla.-based destroyer The Sullivans due to "a loss of confidence in his ability to command," three weeks after his ship mistakenly fired at a fishing boat during a gunnery exercise, the Navy said.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/10/navy-bahrain-logistics-CO-19th-fired-this-year-101711w/">Capt. David Geisler was fired Oct. 17 as commanding officer of Task Force 53 in Bahrain amid an investigation into alleged inappropriate conduct.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/10/navy-ballistic-missile-sub-skipper-sacked-kentucky-fired-firing-102011w/">Cmdr. Joseph Nosse was fired Oct. 19 as commanding officer of the ballistic-missile submarine Kentucky for inadequate leadership, according to a spokesman.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/10/navy-mcm-crew-co-21st-fired-this-year-102811w/">Lt. Cmdr. Martin Holguin was fired Oct. 27 as commanding officer of mine countermeasures crew Fearless for "demonstrated poor personnel management," according to a statement from Naval Surface Force Pacific.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/12/navy-prowler-squadron-co-fired-on-deployment-120911w/">Cmdr. Jonathan Jackson was fired Dec. 8 as commanding officer of deployed Electronic Attack Squadron 134, deployed aboard the underway carrier Carl Vinson, an investigation into sexual harassment allegations, the Navy said.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-singapore-xo-fired-040111/">Cmdr. Andrew Crowe was fired April 1 as executive officer of Navy Region Center Singapore for creating a hostile work environment and failing to follow orders.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/04/navy-amphib-ponce-co-xo-fired-in-mediterranean-042311/">Lt. Cmdr. Kurt Boenisch, executive officer of the amphibious transport dock Ponce, was fired April 23 on deployment for failing "to provide support to the command and commanding officer."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/06/navy_ike_xo_firing_060611w/">Capt. Robert Gamberg was fired June 6 as executive officer of the carrier during admiral's mast in Norfolk, Va., for conduct unbecoming an officer and failure to obey a lawful order or regulation, related to an "improper relationship."
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/07/navy-green-bay-executive-officer-fired-071311w/">Cmdr. Ralph Jones was fired July 13 as executive officer of the amphibious transport dock Green Bay during deployment in the Arabian Sea after an investigation substantiated allegations of personal misconduct.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/12/navy-new-york-xo-fired-for-fraternization-122211w/">Cmdr. John Pethel was fired Dec. 21 as executive officer of the amphibious transport dock New York for having an "unduly familiar relationship" with a female member of the crew.
Senior enlisted leaders
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/01/navy-lousiville-cob-fired-011811w/">Senior Chief Yeoman (SS) Savan Patel was fired Jan. 5 after he was arrested and charged with drunken driving in Hawaii. Patel was chief of the boat for the attack submarine Louisville.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/02/navy-stethem-cmc-020111w/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Kelvin Coleman of the Stethem, a Japan-based destroyer, was fired Jan. 22 after he was arrested in connection with a drunken driving incident.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/02/navy-ashland-cmc-fired-020911w/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Ron Burnett of the dock landing ship Ashland was fired Feb. 9 "due to loss of confidence" pending completion of the investigation into inappropriate touching of a female shipmate.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/02/navy-recruiting-district-san-antonio-cmc-fired-021811w/">Command Master Chief Meondra Kendley was fired as top sailor for Naval Recruiting District San Antonio on Feb. 16 for a loss of confidence in her ability to do the job.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/03/navy-stout-co-cmc-fired-030111w/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Susan Bruce-Ross of the Norfolk, Va.-based destroyer Stout was fired March 1 for a "pervasive pattern of unprofessional behavior" among the ship's crew.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/07/navy_mobley_cmc_fired_medals_071411w/">Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Roy Mobley was fired as the top sailor at Navy Recruiting District Philadelphia on April 5 due to "loss of confidence" amid allegations he wore unearned medals and decorations.
• http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/12/navy-amphib-cmc-fired-amid-misconduct-allegations-120911w/">Command Master Chief (SW) Donald Darcy was fired as the top sailor aboard the dock landing ship Fort McHenry on Dec. 9 over accusations of misconduct, the Navy said.
• Command Master Chief Gary Stewart Wade was top sailor for Strike Fighter Squadron 113. CNP's office said Stewart was detached for cause and referred Navy Times to Naval Air Forces for more information. AIRFOR did not provide that information as of January 201`2, but according to releasable information, Wade left VFA-113 on Aug. 31, three months shy of serving two years at the squadron. He is now a master chief electronics technician aboard the carrier Ronald Reagan.
• Command Master Chief Clifford Lewis was the top sailor aboard the destroyer Sterett. He was fired April 8 as the ship was returning from a Western Pacific deployment. Naval Surface Force Pacific confirmed he was disciplined for two "alcohol-related incidents." He was detached for cause Sept. 30 and, according to Navy Personnel Command, retired Oct. 31.
• Command Master Chief Earl Anthony Lott was the top sailor at Navy Recruiting Region East, Millington, Tenn. Lott was not relieved from his job but was arrested for alleged drunken driving while on terminal leave in March 2011, according to officials familiar with the incident. Lott was recalled from terminal leave and given nonjudicial punishment.
• Command Master Chief Tom Meglen was the top sailor at Naval Technical Training Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. A spokesman with Naval Education and Training Command said San Marcos police arrested and charged Meglen with driving under the influence of alcohol Dec. 28. He was removed from his position Dec. 29 and is assigned to administrative duties with the command pending the outcome of the incident.
• Command Master Chief (SCW/FMF) Robert Edward Cuff was the senior enlisted adviser for Joint Task Force North at Fort Bliss, Texas. Cuff was arrested July 15, 2011, and charged with being involved in an international child pornography ring, according to the Justice Department. He was later relieved of his position, according to Joint Task Force North officials.