- Filed Under
The Navy announced new assignments for five flag officers on Monday:
* Rear Adm. John N. Christenson, will be the deputy U.S. military representative to NATO Military Committee, Brussels, Belgium. Christenson is serving as president of the Naval War College in Newport, R.I.
* Rear Adm. Colin G. Chinn, will serve as the fleet surgeon of U.S. Pacific Fleet/Command Surgeon, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii. Chinn is serving as director, Medical Resources, Plans, and Policy Division, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations and Chief of the Medical Corps in Washington.
* Rear Adm. Frank A. Morneau, will command Navy Expeditionary Combat Command/commander, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command Pacific, Virginia Beach, Va. Morneau is serving as deputy director, expeditionary warfare, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations in Washington.
* Rear Adm. Frederick J. Roegge, will direct the Military Personnel Plans and Policy Division, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Washington. Roegge is serving as director, plans and operations, U.S. Naval Forces Europe/deputy commander, Sixth Fleet/Commander Submarines, Allied Naval Forces South/commander, Submarine Group Eight in Naples, Italy.
* Rear Adm. Phillip G. Sawyer, will be the new commander of Submarine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Sawyer is serving as commander, Submarine Group Seven/commander, Task Force Seven Four/commander, Task Force Five Four in Yokosuka, Japan.