Qualitative Management Program screenings will be triggered when items in one of the following seven categories are received for permanent filing in a soldier’s Army Military Human Resources Record.
The QMP policy only applies to documents related to performance or conduct in a soldier’s current grade. Documents generated before a soldier was promoted to his or her current rank will be not used for QMP referral.
The seven sins:
1. Memorandum of reprimand from a general officer.
2. Conviction by court-martial or punishment under Article 15 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
3. A “relief for cause” NCO Evaluation Report (DA Form 2166-8) prepared in compliance with Paragraph 3-55 of Army Regulation 623-3 (Evaluation Reporting System).
4.The annotation of “no” in Part IV, Block A of DA Form 2166-8, which is the section of the NCO Evaluation Report dealing with Army values, attributes, skills and actions.
5. A rating from the senior rater of 4 (fair) or 5 (poor) for overall performance or potential in Part V, Blocks C or D of the NCO Evaluation Report.
6. A Service School Academic Evaluation Report (DA form 1059) indicating failure of an NCO Education System course.
7. The approval by the Army G-1 of a request from the commander of the Human Resources Command or a commander with general court-martial convening authority to refer a soldier to QMP processing.