Wednesday, April 24
- Outcry erupts over 1% pay raise proposed for military
- Retired 4-star: Fewer U.S. troops could do job in Afghanistan
- Officials: U.S. wars fueled Boston bombing suspects
- Confederate flags fly again at VA hospital in S.D.
- New transition courses get high marks, but will they lead to jobs?
- U.S. urges China collaboration on cyber intrusions
- Three-star flag nominations announced
- Sweden reaffirms its commitment to Afghanistan
- Iraq: 35 dead in clashes, bombing as tensions rise
- Researchers studying ways to cut jet noise
- Senators say military should buy U.S. athletic shoes
- Petraeus' next career move revealed
- Military: Gitmo hunger strike rises to 92
- U.N. warns of 'troubling rise' in Afghan violence
- 19th century sailor buried in Northern California
- Hagel to meet Egypt's leaders, push military ties
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Christine Fox, from ‘Legs’ to top woman at the Pentagon
- UPDATE: Guam bomb defusal successful
- Navy World War II vet, 93, shoots deer with 19th-century rifle