Thursday, October 10
- Report: Sailor drowning could have been avoided with life vest
- POW/MIA return ceremonies purely 'symbolic,' DoD admits
- Obama signs bill to restore military death benefits
- Scott Carpenter, 2nd U.S. astronaut in orbit, dies
- Two mids to face court-martial in academy rape case
- Military academy sports to go on despite shutdown
- Taliban mocks U.S. government shutdown
- Arlington's sweep of gravesite mementos distresses families of fallen
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
- Deputy defense secretary Carter to step down
- Families feel far-reaching effects from shutdown
- Vets, widows say VA passes out pain meds too readily
- CG instructors banned from dating recent training grads
- GOP offers short-term debt deal; White House a 'maybe'
- NYC police: 2 sought boots, coats for Taliban
- Family of deployed airman fights town over abandoned car law
- Chemical weapons inspectors visit 3 Syria sites
- Egypt balks at aid freeze, calls it 'incorrect'
- Tainted workout supplement suspected in hepatitis cases
- Fear grips Somali town raided by SEAL commandoes
- 2 flag officer assignments announced
- North Korea replaces hard-line military chief
- Treasury Secretary warns seven days to default
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- VIDEO: Blue Angels pilot makes Rob Riggle squeal for this Top Gun 2 audition tape
- Coming soon: gourmet Navy chow. Really.
- Meet rack lamp 2.0