Friday, October 11
- Movie review: Hanks saves best moments for last in harrowing 'Phillips'
- Sailors share screen with Tom Hanks in 'Captain Phillips'
- Shutdown suspends CFC in continental U.S.
- 2-star in charge of ICBMs fired
- As Syria crisis fades, U.S. ships remain within striking distance
- Adjustment disorder may now net disability pay
- Navy: Shutdown postpones DDG 1000 christening
- Hill negotiations move slowly under tight deadline
- Adm. David E. Jeremiah, former vice JCS chairman, dies at 79
- Kerry in Afghanistan for urgent security talks
- Shutdown postpones Navy destroyer christening
- Report warns of threat of loose missiles in Syria
- Report: Syrian rebels committed war crimes
- U.S. captures Pakistani Taliban commander in Afghanistan
- Global chemical watchdog wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Senate OKs bill for military chaplains
- Doctors going without pay from Tricare
- Major hurdles remain before North Korea talks resume
- $30,000 went missing amid rescue of Capt. Phillips
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case against estate of 'American Sniper' author
2Congrats, O-4! Active-duty staff corps selections announced
3SOCOM chief McRaven set to become next chancellor for University of Texas System
4PACOM chief: U.S. not worried about Chinese intel ship at RIMPAC
5Report: Navy Yard response slowed by closed systems
- Navy Athletics to Aztecs: ‘I believe…’ should be a chant for all
- Ross’ crew ferries the essentials to new homeport
- Sailors mingle with TV stars at ‘The Last Ship’ premiere