Sunday, August 10
- Navy personnel chief: No more enlisted retention boards during his tenure
- In Iraq, a test of Obama's use of force doctrine
- Officials hope boosted personnel-support presence, self-service program fixes sailor headaches
- New VA secretary touts fixes to veterans group
- U.S. launches more airstrikes against Iraq militants
- Israel, Hamas accept Egyptian cease-fire proposal
- Lawmakers weigh U.S. role against Islamic fighters
- Afghan actor links cultures as U.S. war translator
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Mids issue musical game day challenge to Notre Dame
- Carrier Vinson marks 230,000 traps — with cake!
- Navy honors fleet’s longest-serving aviator