If you polished off a free breakfast, tipped big on that complimentary haircut and found some good online shopping deals on Veterans Day, you might think your service-connected savings are over with for a few months. Not so.
Here are five ongoing programs that will benefit budget-minded service members, veterans and others within the military community. As with any deals, be sure to follow all guidelines when it comes to proof of eligibility and be sure to check in advance with the business to confirm the deal’s still in place.
1. Lowe’s. Active-duty service members, retirees and veterans can get a 10 percent discount in store and online if they sign up online for the Lowe’s personal shopping card. The MyLowes account will be linked to the discounted pricing and can be used by the entire household. More details here.
2. MGM Resorts. The MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program, or MVP, is available to all active duty, guard, reserve and retired military members, veterans and spouses of eligible military personnel. Deals include 10 percent off hotel rooms at 17 resorts nationwide (including plenty in Las Vegas and MGM National Harbor, outside Washington, D.C.) as well as select food and beverage discounts. More details here.
3. Nike and Under Armour. Pick your elite workout brand and save thanks to these year-round discount programs; Nike’s offering 10 percent off, while Under Armour’s deal, as of Nov. 13, remained at 15 percent from its Veterans Day promotion.
4. Caesars Entertainment. Active, reserve and retired military members, and their spouses, are eligible for the Total Rewards SALUTE card, which offers special discounts in addition to a 10 percent cut on room rates at nearly 40 U.S. locations, including Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey. The card also qualifies users for all the benefits of Total Rewards Platinum-tier members, which includes some airfare and cruise discounts, access to show tickets before the general public, and other benefits. More details here.
5. Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Two different approaches by these outdoor giants: Cabela’s offers a 5 percent discount every day (details here), while Bass Pro Shops offers 10 percent, but only in stores and for one week each month, beginning on the 15th (details here). Be sure to check the sites before you shop to see if you’re eligible and for lists of products that aren’t covered by the deals.